Every time I’m traveling, in particular on airplane, I feel the body needs to re-adjust with timezones and the peristalsis and the whole metabolism get obviously affected.
From the nutritional point of view, a few useful tips you might be interested in:
Avoid all microwaved food, that’s just junk. Much better a fasting day or two : )
Or ask for a Raw Vegan meal. If the airline has this option you are going to get at least some fruits.
If you can find some fresh fruit on the way, good, otherwise is good to have some of the following to snak on along the way:
- Flax crackers
- Nuts and seeds (best if you can soak them and then dehydrate them again while a bit sprouted)
- Apples, pears, bananas (I think apples are best because they travel well as they are tough)
- Drink a lot of water, keep yourself hydrated, this is always important, in particular while traveling.
- Superfoods like goji berries, spirulina, chlorella, dehidrated greens powders are great to help the body and also to protect from radiation (airport xrays scan).
- Flax seeds are really good for your body, if you can’t make crakers just gulp and handful of them down with some water, it’s good as well, better than nothing!
Bring some sodium bicarbonate to clear your mouth, avoid commercial toothpastes, there’s poisonous fluoride and other harmful chemicals in it!
If possible choose buffet breakfast in hotels where you can always find fresh fruit, veggies, honey it’s ok, perfect if it’s raw.
Always google for some health/whole food store on the arrival location, often they are nearer than you think! And it can be a good place to make new connection and hang out with like minded people as well!
For the jet lag, there are wonderful TFT sequences, TFT is the amazing Dr. Callahan Thought Field Terapy based on Tapping the Acupuncture Meridians, very effective, see here: http://www.rogercallahan.com
For more info see my friend Nadia similar blog post here: http://www.making-healthy-choices.com/healthy-eating-while-traveling.html
Happy traveling! : )